Opening for Scrum Master – Panama City, FL
I work for the Panama city Workforce Center. One of our employers that we post for is looking for a Scrum Master. Its great pay and a wonderful growing company. If you have anyone who may be interested in moving to the Panama City, FL area, please have them send me a resume to email@example.com thank you! Jeanette Deatherage
Contribute to the full agile life cycle of software products in a fast growing software firm. This position requires a servant leader to facilitate one to many scrum teams across a wide variety of software systems and components for the medical field, specifically in the area of medical device integration with various hospital admissions systems, inter-program and network communications, patient data collection and reporting, and databases access. Required to be a US citizen or existing US work Visa, and must be willing to work out of our Panama City, FL office.
This position will report to the Product Development Manager, will be expected to be product knowledgeable, and be responsible the following duties across one or more scrum teams.
o Must be self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks
o Serve a liaison between technical and non-technical departments
o Communicate with other management, developers, product managers and technical support specialists on product issues
o Must be a team-player with a keen ability to work within collaborative environments
- Support the product development process
o Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other scrum related meetings.
o Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
o Rigidly maintain Quality System Records and other quality system documentation
o Manage Release Patch activities that require high alert response, monitoring, and special release cycles.
o Ensure the development teams are practicing core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Support the Product Owners
o Assist as needed with backlog maintenance
o Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and propagating information.
o Assist with prioritization and resolution of defect and bugs
- Support the Product Delivery Team
o Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
o Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
o Identify and remove impediments, and prevent distractions.
o Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
o Maintain meetings to time-boxed allocation
o Empower teams to self-organize
Software development experience in full life cycle software development environments and working experience in an Agile practices environment is a must. Consideration will be given to candidates with experience in healthcare information technology, preferably with a hospital background or software vendor that markets its products to hospitals. Experience in clinical workflow, medical devices, or systems integration is also plus.
- Scrum Master experience in a software development environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types.
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high to intermediate level.
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel.
- Ability to coach team to reach their highest potential.
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions.
- Must be a team-player.
- Adequate discipline and professionalism to work diligently within published FDA device regulatory guidelines and rigorously follow internal Standard Operating Procedures, including exhaustive documentation of the design and operation of all software produced.
- A strong attention to detail and a passion for excellence.
- Excellent written and English verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Experience using Rally
- Experience working under FDA regulatory guidelines
- Certified Scrum Master
- Programming experience with either C++, C#, or Java. Knowledge or experience with MS SQL.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline is required or equivalent work experience and technical training.